Best New Business Award
The Best New Business Award will recognise successful new businesses in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council Area. This award is open to any business within Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area that started trading after 1st March 2020 and will be judged on the following factors:
- Number of jobs created
- Market need addressed
- Business growth
- Success in business marketing
- Plans for further growth
- Future employment opportunities
Applications should include:
- Description of the business and how it was established to address a market need
- Factors that contributed to the business launch and subsequent growth
- How the business is marketed and what effect has this had on performance
- Competitive advantage
- What tools / techniques utilized to establish a market share.
This award is open for owners or managers of businesses from sole traders to directors whose business is based within the City Council area.
Business persons can put themselves forward, or be nominated by another person.
Stage 1 of the judging process will be to shortlist submissions based on the criteria above. Shortlisted finalists will be notified by Wednesday 1st February 2023 and will be invited to take part in Stage 2 of the judging process. Please note that if an applicant is shortlisted for this stage, they must be available to attend a 15-minute Zoom interview/presentation with the judging panel on Wednesday 8th February. The panel will then rank the shortlist based on the interview. If you have entered the Best Licensed Eating Establishment Award or Best Non-Licensed Eating Establishment Award, stage 2 of the judging process will be a mystery shopping visit and you will not be required to attend an interview.